- Refactored project to support Windows Phone 7.1, 8.0 and more with maximum code sharing.
- WP8 Map API extensions, including Modern PushPin control
- LongListMultiSelector control, including Grid view multiselect.
- Control themes updated to match WP8 UI
- Large number of RTL bugs fixed now that RTL is a fully supported feature in WP8
- 25+ bugs fixed
- Contains all the fixes, improvements and new controls that were part of the September 2012 release, you can read more about that here: Windows Phone Toolkit – September 2012 Release
- Removed LongListSelector as it’s now part of the SDK
- Removed Tuple.cs
- Removed PerformanceProgressBar (though we are taking the suggestion that we should add it back as a descendent of ProgressBar for backcompat)
- Removed GestureListener
Given how popular and useful NuGet is along with the fact that it's included in Visual Studio 2012 the MSI-based installer for the toolkit has been deprecated in favor of installation via NuGet or compiling directly from source.
- If you don't already have NuGet installed go to http://nuget.org and install the NuGet Visual Studio extension
- Ensure you have a version of NuGet >= 2.1 for WP8 projects
- Once NuGet is installed install the Windows Phone Toolkit package from http://nuget.org/packages/wptoolkit
- Optionally you can download the source and compile the assembly yourself.
There is a full featured sample application that is checked in that shows the usage of all the Windows Phone Toolkit controls. It's highly recommended that you download the latest source and run the sample app to find examples of using the controls.