The MSI-based installer for the toolkit has been deprecated in favor of installation via NuGet or compiling directly from source.
- If you have Visual Studio 2012 installed congratulations you already have NuGet!
- If you don't already have NuGet installed go to http://nuget.org and install the NuGet Visual Studio extension
- Ensure you have a version of NuGet >= 2.1 for WP8 projects
- Once NuGet is installed install the Windows Phone Toolkit package from http://nuget.org/packages/wptoolkit
- Optionally you can download the source and compile the assembly yourself.
- If you're compiling the source yourself you'll also need the Multilingual App Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012 to avoid warnings that the localized resx files are missing.
WPToolkit controls are now completely localized to support all the cultures that are natively supported by Windows Phone 8.0. This was done with the help of the Multilingual App Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012
The following localizations are available:Windows Phone 8.0
ar-SA;az-Latn-AZ;be-BY;bg-BG;ca-ES;cs-CZ;da-DK;de-DE;el-GR;en-GB;en-US;es-ES;es-MX;et-EE;fa-IR;fi-FI;fil-PH;fr-FR;fr-CA;he-IL;hi-IN;hr-HR;hu-HU;id-ID;it-IT;ja-JP;kk-KZ;ko-KR;lt-LT;lv-LV;mk-MK;ms-MY;nb-NO;nl-NL;pl-PL;pt-BR;pt-PT;ro-RO;ru-RU;sk-SK;sl-SI;sq-AL;sr-Latn-CS;sv-SE;th-TH;tr-TR;uk-UA;uz-Latn-UZ;vi-VN;zh-CN;zh-TW;Windows Phone 7.5
Same as before but with a some changes in the names of the cultures supported
The specific changes for WP75 are:
cs -> cs-cz
el -> el-GR
da -> da-DK
fi -> fi-FI
hu -> hu-HU
ja -> ja-JP
ko -> ko-KR
pl -> pl-PL
ru -> ru-RU
Gesture Listener Sample
The gesture listener sample has been updated show how Windows Phone 8.0 apps can avoid a dependency on the XNA assemblies.
A new sample control which shows how to create a speech-enabled TextBox by extending the PhoneTextbox to use speech recognition on WP8.
As always there are some great bugs fixes in this release.Full list of fixesTop five bug fixes10602
HubTile disappears when region is not en-us10575
Navigation from CustomMessageBox Dismissed event causes NullReferenceException10572
SlideInEffect & TurnstileFeatherEffect not working for LongListSelector in WP8 Toolkit10582
System.Tuple conflicts with Microsoft.Bcl nuget package10583
Localized resources not being included in NuGet package
There is a full featured sample application that is checked in that shows the usage of all the Windows Phone Toolkit controls. It's highly recommended that you download the latest source and run the sample app to find examples of using the controls.